Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back after almost two years... WTF!?

So, I was sitting around the house, trapped in my own head, and my thoughts went back to freshman year at Keene State. I remembered this ridiculous class I took on blogging. The course description presented it as a class focused on gender roles. They lied... Instead, I read a TEXTBOOK on the Internet and its progression over the last decade or so. Horribly disappointed, initially. But I liked my professor, and really enjoyed the people that were (tricked as well?) in the class.

I used to keep a blog, or "online journal", when I was in middle school. Self-involvement was alllll the rage. I neglected it, and was upset when I realized that I probably wouldn't be able to archive my writings during my most angst-ridden years. (Perhaps it is better off that way). Undoubtedly history will repeat itself, and I will lose gusto for this in a matter of months. Oh well...

Very often, I get lost in my own thoughts to the point that I question my own sanity. I debate ideas and essentially converse with myself in my head. So hopefully by typing out said thoughts, I'll actually be able to progress as a human, and escape this mental imprisonment.

... TAH-DAR!

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Hi, Amy. OUCH! But this is a fair criticism. I'm sorry the class was initially disappointing, but I'm glad it worked out in the end. If I recall correctly your final research paper was pretty awesome.
How nice to see new posts pop up in Google Reader from a student blog and especially nice that it was from a great writer and critical thinker like you. I hope you'll keep writing!
-Tracy